CUA is a local, community-focused banking institution with seven branch locations, a commercial centre, a wealth management services division, a Customer Contact Centre, and a corporate office in Halifax.
At CUA, your financial well-being is our top priority. We provide banking that is flexible and customized to you, and we deliver this experience in a personalized, “we know your name” way. We sincerely care about helping each and every one of our members achieve their full financial potential. Our customers are also our shareholders, so your needs always come first.
We build a stronger community, one customer at a time.
Why Choose CUA?
- To receive personalized service. We understand your needs and consider your current financial situation so we can tailor our products and services to best meet your requirements.
- To get answers fast. We base our decision-making on local market realities and since our head office is in Halifax, we can make them quicker.
- To strengthen your community. Everything we make gets re-invested in the business and the community. For every $1 you spend locally, $2-3 of local economic activity is created.
- To have a CEO who is accessible and involved. Marie Mullally, our CEO, lives right here in Halifax and not headquartered in far-away office suites - she’s directly involved in every aspect of CUA.
- To own your bank. Your $5 share requirement means you’re a customer and an owner. We share our decision-making with the people who use our services.
Established in Nova Scotia in 1948, CUA has over 19,000 customers and total assets in excess of $440 million. CUA is a member of the second-largest financial network in Canada, with total system assets of $187 billion. Through various trust and investment companies, CUA has access to the best, most diversified investment options in Canada.